Join Our Team!
Power & Construction Group, Inc. has an opening for a Cable Crew Laborer with the Industrial Electric Division!
Salary Range: $28-$50/hr. plus prevailing wage opportunities
Location: Rochester, NY
Primary Function and Scope:
Cable Crew Laborers assist in pulling de-energized primary electric cable and setting transformers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulling de-energized primary electric cable.
- Setting of transformers.
- Rigging – positioning of slings, chains, and ropes.
- Works alone or alongside others and/or trains other electricians or groundmen in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Occasional on-call for work.
- Occasional mandatory overtime without notice is required.
The Ideal Candidates:
- Have mechanical aptitude and can work with their hands
- Are willing to learn a new trade
- Ok with heights
Candidates for ALL Field Positions must possess the following in order to be considered:
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- CDL-B, CDL-A a Plus
- OSHA 10 for Construction (will provide if do not have)
- Reliable Transportation
- Positive Attitude
- Record of Reliability
- Desire to be trained in the safe performance of the work
Potential Candidates must have the ability to:
- Arrive on the job site on time wearing proper attire and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Take direction from Foremen, Clients, Safety Representatives and Management
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with the public and Clients
- Perform extensive physical labor, including but not limited to: Digging with a hand bar or shovel to expose live utilities, heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing into and out of trenches and manholes, over an under obstacles
- Work outdoors year-round in all types of weather
- Demonstrate safe and proper use and maintenance of all company tools and equipment
- Full time employment is dependent on 90-day review.
- This is a very physically demanding position, requiring the ability to lift heavy objects, push, pull, twist, climb, and crawl while working in confined spaces and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Lineman certification training available for the right candidate
Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing a DOT Physical, drug screen, background check and driver’s license check, and candidates must maintain passing results throughout the term of employment with P&CG.
P&CG is an Equal Employment, Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encourage to apply.
This is a full time position